1985 In Movie Trivia Quiz
an answer from the three choices and True/ False offered after each
question and then "Check Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
1. December 3 - who steps down from the role of James Bond after
twelve years and seven films. He is replaced by Timothy Dalton.
- Sean Connery
- Roger Moore
- James Garner
2. What was the #1 Box Office hit for 1985?
- Back to the Future
- A Chorus Line
3. What movie won the Academy Awards: Best Picture?
- Out of Africa
- The Color Purple
4. Who won the Academy Awards: Best Actor?
- William Hurt
- Jack Nicholson
- Jon Voight
5. Actress Keira Knightley was born on March 26, 1985.
6. The #2 Box Office hit was Rambo: First Blood Part II. The
#3 Box Office hit was Rocky IV. Who starred in both films?
- Paul Newman
- Robert Redford
- Sylvester Stallone
7. Who won the Academy Awards: Best Actress for their role in The
Trip to Bountiful?
- Anne Bancroft
- Meryl Streep
- Geraldine Page
8. The Color Purple is a 1985 drama film directed by Steven
Spielberg. It is the eighth film directed by Spielberg and is based on
the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel of the same name by Alice Walker.
9. Murphy's Romance is a 1985 romance/comedy film adapted by
Harriet Frank Jr. and Irving Ravetch from a story by Max Schott and
directed by Martin Ritt. The movie stars Sally Field and James Garner.
Where was the movie filmed?
- Hollywood, California
- Florence, Arizona
- Tombstone, Arizona
10. Cocoon is a 1985 science fiction film about a group of
elderly people who are rejuvenated by aliens. The movie starred Don
Ameche, Wilford Brimley, Hume Cronyn, Brian Dennehy, Jack Gilford, Steve
Guttenberg, Maureen Stapleton, Jessica Tandy, Gwen Verdon, Herta Ware,
Tahnee Welch, and Linda Harrison. Who directed the movie?
- Paul Newman
- Ron Howard
- Henry Winkler