1917 In Movie Trivia Quiz
an answer from the three choices and True/ False offered after each
question and then "Check Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
What comedian makes his film debut in The Butcher Boy?
- Buster Keaton
- Milton Berle
- Stanley Martin
2. What was the top grossing film in 1917?
- Tom Sawyer
3. What actress was born in Budapest, Hungary on February 6?
- Zsa Zsa Gabor
- Mayra Dora
- Mildred Hill
4. Straight Shooting is a 1917 Western film featuring
Harry Carey. Who directed the movie?
- Tom Mix
- John Ford
- Bronco Bill Anderson
5. World's first feature-length animated film is made in Argentina by
Quirino Cristiani (El Apůstol)
6. Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm (1917) is a silent film
directed by Marshall Neilan based upon the novel Rebecca of
Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin. Who played Rebecca Randall?
- Mary Pickford
- Helen Hayes
- Mary Martin
7. What actor/comedian/singer was born on June 7 in Steubenville,
- Dean Martin
- Jerry Lewis
- Norman Hayes
8. The Poor Little Rich Girl is a 1917 film which tells
the story of a rich girl whose parents ignore her and whose servants
push her around, until tragedy brings them to realize the error of their
9. Tom Sawyer is a 1917 Paramount Pictures silent film;
it is based on Mark Twain's novel The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
Who played Tom Sawyer?
- George Hackathorne
- Jack Pickford
- Robert Gordon
10. Who is the Oscar winning actor born on January 24, 1917 in
- James Dean
- Marvin Gardens
- Ernest Borgnine