1929 In Movie Trivia Quiz
an answer from the three choices and True or False offered after each
question and then "Check Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
1. On May 16, 1929, what are the first awards give out?
- Academy Awards or Oscars
- Screen Actors Guild
- Golden Globe
2. It was a 1929 musical motion picture and the first sound film to
win an Oscar for Best Picture. It was released on February 1, 1929. Name
The Broadway Melody
3. Who won the Oscar as Best Actress?
- Ann Preston Bridgers
- Louise Beavers
- Mary Pickford
4. Who is an Oscar-nominated English actress. Simmons was named an
Officer in the Order of the British Empire in 2003, born January 31,
- Gene Simmons
- Jean Simmons
- Jane Austin
5. Gold Diggers of Broadway (1929) is a Warner Bros.
comedy/musical film which is historically important as the second talkie
(a term used early in the sound-film era to describe a film with
synchronized speech) photographed entirely in Technicolor. It became a
box office sensation. Who was the lead actress?
- Anita Page
- Bessie Love
- Winnie Lightner
6. The Best Actor Oscar was given to two actors in 1929. One of the
actors to win was Warner Baxter. Who was the other actor?
- Gary Cooper
- Ronald Colman.
- George Arliss
7. Who made their film debut in 1929 as one of The Gumm Sisters?
- Judy Garland
- Ethlyne Clair
- Jeanne Eagels
8. Race Riot is a 1929 animated short subject, featuring
Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Who created Oswarld?
- Charles B. Mintz
- Walter Lantz
- Walt Disney
9. The film Hallelujah! (1929) was an MGM musical directed by
King Vidor, starring Daniel L. Haynes and the then unknown Nina Mae
McKinney. It was the first Hollywood film to contain an entire
10. The Hole in the Wall is a 1929 film directed by Robert
Florey, and starring Claudette Colbert and Edward G. Robinson. This film
marks the first appearance of Edward G. Robinson as a police chief.