1958 In Movies
an answer from the three choices and True/False offered after each
question and then "Check Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
1. What was the Oscar winning film in 1958?
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
2. What was the top grossing film in 1958?
Me and the Colonel
The Bridge on the River Kwai
3. This American actress was born on March 10, 1958?
- Sharon Stone
- Edna Purviance
- Pascale Ogier
4. It was a successful and long-running series for over six decades
of theatrical short subjects created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. The series ended in 1958. What was the series?
- Tom and Jerry
- Yosemite Sam
5. Who won the 1958 Oscar for Best Actor?
- David Niven
- Tony Curtis
- Sidney Poitier
6. Who was the Academy Award-winning actress born on March 20, 1958?
- Miranda Richardson
- Holly P. Hunter
- Rosalind Russell
7. Who was the Oscar Best Actress for her role in I Want to Live!?
- Deborah Kerr
- Shirley MacLaine
- Susan Hayward
8. Who is an Academy Award and Golden Globe-nominated American film
director, writer and designer notable for the quirky and often dark
gothic atmosphere in his high-profile films born on August 25, 1958?
- Tim Burton
- Wade Phillips
- Kevin Mansfield
9. The #4 Top Grossing film was No Time for Sergeants. Who was the
- Nick Adams
- Don Knotts
- Andy Griffith
10. Who is an Academy Award-winning American actor, screenwriter,
director, producer, activist, and musician born October 16, 1958?
- Gary Oldman
- Kevin Bacon
- Tim Robbins