Bond, James Bond
James Bond film series are British spy films inspired by Ian
Fleming's novels about the fictional MI6 agent James Bond
(codename 007). The franchise remains as one of the longest
continually running film series in history, having been in
ongoing production from 1962 to 2008 with a six-year hiatus
between 1989 and 1995.
What do you know about James Bond? Try
this James Bond Trivia quiz. You'll find the answers at the
bottom of the page.
1) Attempts to adapt the James Bond novels resulted in a
1954 television episode of Climax!, based on the first novel,
Casino Royale. Who was the star of the episode playing Jimmy
- Barry Nelson
- Alec Guinness
- Malcolm Muddridge
2) On October 1, 1959, it was announced that Fleming would
write an original film script featuring Bond for producer
Kevin McClory. Jack Whittingham also worked on the script.
However, Alfred Hitchcock turned down the role as director.
Who turned down the role of James Bond?
- Richard Burton
- Lyle Shilling
- Roger Moore
3) In 1956, producer Albert R. Broccoli expressed interest
in adapting the Bond novels, but his colleague Irving Allen
was unenthusiastic. When did, Broccoli, now partnered with
Harry Saltzman, purchased the film rights to all the Bond
novels (except Casino Royale) from Fleming?
4) A contest was set up to 'find James Bond', and six
finalists were chosen and screen-tested by Broccoli, Saltzman,
and Fleming. The winner of the contest was a 28-year-old model
named Peter Anthony, who, according to Broccoli, had a Gregory
Peck quality, but proved unable to cope with the role.
5) Sean Connery got the role of James Bond. Who was NOT
rejected to play Bond?
- Patrick McGoohan
- Rex Harrison
- Max von Sydow
6) What is the first James Bond movie?
- Casino Royale
- Dr. No
7) SPECTRE hires a seductive young female Russian agent to
act as a fake defector in a plot to assassinate James Bond.
What is the movie?
- From Russia with Love
- You Only Live Twice
- A View to a Kill
8) How many films did George Lazenby play Bond?
9) How old was Roger Moore when he took on the role of
10) With the exception of Daniel Craig's first two films,
every Bond film has a sequence in which Bond interacts with
the personal assistant to M, Bond's superior. A running joke
throughout the film series is her unrequited love for Bond and
his playful flirting with her. She flirts back, jokes and
sometimes pouts, hoping to wrangle a proposal and a wedding
ring out of him. What is the character's name?
- Miss Hennypenny
- Miss Moneypenny
- Miss Mochenpenny