The Wizard of Oz
The Wizard of Oz is a 1939 American musical-fantasy
film mainly directed by Victor Fleming and based on the 1900
children’s novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank
What do you know about the movie The Wizard
Sing along with this Alan's FUN Movie Trivia quiz.
Orphaned Dorothy Gale, played by Judy Garland, lives a simple
life in rural Kansas with her Aunt Em, Uncle Henry and three
colorful farm hands. How old is Dorothy?
- 12 years old
- 14 years old
- 16 years old
2. Glinda, the Good Witch of the North, arrives magically
via bubble. She informs Dorothy that she is in Munchkinland
and that she has killed the ruby-slippered Wicked Witch of the
East by "dropping a house" on her. In celebration,
what song does the Munchkins sing?
- "The Lollipop Guild"
- "Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead"
3. Where does Glinda advises Dorothy to seek the help of
the mysterious Wizard of Oz?
- Gold City
- Emerald City
- Magic Mountain City
4. Who played the Scarecrow?
- Ray Bolger
- Ray Malone
- Rex Bumgarden
5. Jack Haley played the Tin Man. Who originally started as
the Tin Man but got sick due to contaminates in the makeup he
wore for the role?
- Roger Smith
- Buddy Ebsen
- Smiley Burnette
6. Bert Lahr played the Cowardly Lion. Who was the farm
hand that Lahr played?
7. Who played Professor Marvel, The Gatekeeper, The
Carriage Driver, The Guard Who Cries and The Wizard of Oz
- Henry Morgan
- Frank Morgan
- Harry Morgan
8. Billie Burke was Glinda the Good Witch of the North. Who
played Miss Almira Gulch and Wicked Witch of the West?
- Margaret Hamilton
- Clara Bows
- Wonda Murphy
9. In the movie Glinda is the Good Witch of the North.
However, in L. Frank Baum's book, Glinda is the Good Sorceress
of the South.
10. Ultimately it took 4 writers and one director to bring
L. Frank Baum's story to the screen.