To Kill a Mockingbird
To Kill a Mockingbird is an 1962 drama film based on
the novel of the same name by Harper Lee. It was directed by
Robert Mulligan and stars Gregory Peck in the role of Atticus
What do you about the film
To Kill a
Mockingbird? Try the Alan's Movies FUN Trivia quiz.
"Scout" Finch, the film's narrator, is a
six-year-old tomboy growing up in Maycomb, Alabama in 1932, in
the depths of the Great Depression. Who is the narrator voice
of adult Jean Louise "Scout" Finch?
- Kim Hamilton
- Collin Wilcox
- Kim Stanley
2. When young Tom Robinson, a black man, is falsely accused
of raping a white woman Atticus is appointed to defend him,
although a guilty verdict from an all-white jury is expected
by everyone – which is exactly what happens, even though
Atticus shows that Tom is innocent. Who played Tom Robinson?
- Brock Peters
- Bryon T. Jones
- Edwin Robinson
3. Although Gregory Peck's inspirational performance as
Atticus Finch turned out to be a perfect highlight to his long
career, who was actually the studio's first choice for the
- Montgomery Clift
- Rock Hudson
- Randolph Scott
4. Who was the character of Dill, purportedly based upon,
who had been a childhood friend of Harper Lee when he was sent
to live with relatives in Lee's hometown each summer?
- Louis L'Amoure
- Truman Capote
- Mark Reynolds
5. Who did NOT make their film debut in
Kill a Mockingbird?
- Alice Ghostley
- Robert Duvall
- Paul Fix
6. In the novel, Tom was said to have been shot,
"about seventeen times". In the film, he was
apparently only shot once, as Atticus doesn't mention this
fact. However, he may not have wished to mention this rumor to
7. Who saves Jem and Scott (attacked by Robert E. Lee
"Bob" Ewell) on their way home from the Halloween
8. Sheriff Tate said, "I may not be much, Mr. Finch,
but I'm still sheriff of Maycomb County. And Bob Ewell fell on
his knife. Good night, sir. Who played Sheriff Heck Tate?
- Richard Hale
- Nathan Radley
- Frank Overton
9. Gregory Peck was nominated for the Academy Award for
Best Actor for To Kill a Mockingbird. He did not win
10. In the novel, Boo Radley's only line is "Will you
take me home?" which he says to Scout in the final
chapter. In the film, this line is left out.