E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial is a 1982 science fiction film
co-produced and directed by Steven Spielberg. It tells the story of
Elliott, a lonely boy who befriends a friendly alien, dubbed "E.T.",
who is stranded on Earth. Who played Elliott in the movie?
- Peter Coyote
- John Williams
- Henry Thomas
2. Who wrote the screenplay?
- Melissa Mathison
- Kathleen Kennedy
- Dee Wallace
3. The film was shot from September to December 1981 in California on
a budget of US$10.5 million. Unlike most motion pictures, the film was
shot in roughly chronological order, to facilitate convincing emotional
performances from the young cast.
4. As he fetches pizza, Elliott discovers the stranded alien, who
promptly flees. Despite his family's disbelief, Elliott leaves candy in
the forest to lure it into his bedroom. What is the candy Elliott
- Reese's Pieces
- M&M Peanut
- Snickers candy bar
5. Who plays Elliott�s younger sister Gertie?
- Erika Eleniak
- Drew Barrymore
- Debra Winger
6. After his parents' divorce in 1960, Spielberg filled the void with
an imaginary alien companion. Spielberg said that E.T. was "a
friend who could be the brother I never had and a father that I didn't
feel I had anymore."
7. E.T. began shooting in September 1981. The project was
filmed under the title The Wizard of Space to keep production a
secret, as Spielberg did not want anyone to discover and plagiarize the
8. �E.T.� enlists Elliott's help in building a device to �phone
home.� What is the device based on?
- Apple Computer
- IBM Mainframe computer
- Speak & Spell
9. During post-production, Spielberg decided to cut a scene featuring
Elliott's principal. The scene featured Elliott being reprimanded for
his behavior in science class, and saw Elliott's chair being levitated
while E.T. was levitating his "phone" equipment up the
staircase with Gertie. Who was the principal?
- Harrison Ford
- Rex Harrison
- Brent Myerson
10. The film was shot so adults, except for Dee Wallace, are never
seen from the waist up in the first half of the film. It was a tribute
to the cartoons of what famous cartoonist?
- Tex Avery
- Chuck Jones
- Walter Lantz