The Sound of Music (1965)
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
Rodgers and Hammerstein's The Sound of Music is a 1965
musical film directed by Robert Wise and starring Julie Andrews in the
lead role. The musical was based on what book?
Climb Every Mountain
Sixteen Going on Seventeen
- The Story of the Trapp Family Singers
2. Christopher Plummer plays Captain Baron von Trapp. He is engaged
to Baroness Elsa Schraeder. Who plays the Baroness?
- Eleanor Parker
- Marylyn Morgan
- Sue McBain
3. While the von Trapp family hiked over the Alps to Switzerland in
the movie, in reality they walked to the local train station and boarded
the next train to Italy.
4. The movie features a rare onscreen performance by Marni Nixon, who
plays Sister Sophia. She also dubbed the singing voice of Julie Andrews
in the movie, My Fair Lady.
5. Who played Brigitta von Trapp
- Angela Cartwright
- Veronica Cartwright
- Sally Hartman
6. In the 1959 Broadway production of The Sound of Music, who played
- Julie Andrews
- Helen Reedy
- Mary Martin
7. The movie won the Academy Award for Best Picture of 1965 and is
one of the most popular musicals ever produced.
8. Lyricist Oscar Hammerstein II died in 1960, a few years before the
film adaptation went into production. Richard Rodgers had to write the
lyrics for two songs that were added to the score. One song is
"Something Good". What is the other song?
- "I Have Confidence"
- "The Grand Waltz"
9. When did the film premier in the United States?
- February 6, 1965
- March 2, 1965
- March 6, 1965
10. Who wrote the screenplay?
- Ernest Lehman
- Larry Hagman
- William H. Reynolds