Choose an answer from the three choices offered
after each question and then "Check Your Answers" at the end of the
What country first used pumpkins as jack-o-lanterns?
- United States
2. What was the name of the Celtic harvest festival
that historians say was the source of the present-day Halloween
3. Apples became associated with Halloween because of
harvest festivals celebrating what Roman goddess?
4. When did Halloween celebrations become popular in
the United States?
5. What group of people first wore costumes during
6. What Christian holy day, established in the 800's,
adopted pagan harvest festival customs into its celebration?
- All Saint's Day
- All Souls' Day