Walt Disney: 1945 to 1966
Choose an answer from the three choices
offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
In 1949, which of Walt's characters would also replace Mickey Mouse as
Disney's star character.
2. In 1948, the studio also began a
series of live-action nature films. What became the Oscar winner for
- Alaskan Outback
- On Seal Island
- October Sky
3. During 1949, Disney and his family
moved to a new home on a large piece of property in the Holmby Hills
district of Los Angeles, California. With the help of his friends Ward
and Betty Kimball, owners of their own backyard railroad, Disney
developed the blueprints and immediately set to work creating a
miniature live steam railroad for his backyard. What was railroad's
- Carolwood Pacific Railroad
- Holmby Hills Railroad
- Atlantic & Pacific Railroad
4. On a business trip to Chicago in the
late-1940s, Walt drew sketches of his ideas for an amusement park where
he envisioned his employees spending time with their children. What
children's theme park did he get his idea for a after visiting?
- Children's Fairyland in Oakland,
- Willow Mill Park in Carlisle,
- Willow Grove Park in Willow Grove,
5. What was the original business name of
the railroad and monorail system around Disneyland?
- Disney Corp
- Walter Corp
6. In 1955, he debuted the studio's first
daily television show, which would continue in many various incarnations
into the 1990s. What was the program?
- Donald's Amateur Hour
- Mickey Mouse Club
7. What day did Disneyland open?
- July 17, 1955
- September 17, 1955
- Dec. 25, 1955
8. In 1955, Walt set up a distribution
company to move the film distribution from RKO to the his new company.
What is the name of his company?
- Buena Vista Distribution
- Walt's Distribution
- Good View Distribution
9. During the mid-1950s, Walt produced a
number of educational films on the space program in collaboration with
NASA. Who was the rocket designer from NASA?
- Homer Hickman
- Wernher von Braun
- Jake Mosby
10. Who was NOT
an original Mouseketeers?
- Annette Funicello
- Bobby Burgess
- Frankie Avalon