Choose an answer from the three choices
offered after each question and True or False. Then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
Matthew Abram Groening (born February 15, 1954) is an American
cartoonist, television producer and writer from Portland, Oregon, best
known as the creator of The Simpsons and Futurama and the
author of the weekly comic strip Life in Hell.
2. From 1972 to 1977, what college did Groening attend?
- Evergreen State College
- Salem College
- University of Washington, Olympia
3. When did Life in Hell makes its official debut as a comic
strip in the Reader?
- April 1, 1980
- April 25, 1980
- May 1, 1981
4. Life in Hell caught the attention of Hollywood
writer-producer and Gracie Films founder. Who is the producer?
- James L. Brooks
- Brooks Anderson
- Bob Clayton
5. Groening decided to create something new and came up with a cartoon
family, the Simpsons. What show did the debut on?
Saturday Night Live
6. What show first aired on March 28, 1999?
- Back Taxi
- StarPeps Adventures
7. In 1994, Groening formed Bongo Comics Group (named after the
character Bongo from Life in Hell) with Steve Vance, Cindy Vance
and Bill Morrison, which publishes comic books based on The Simpsons
and Futurama (including Futurama Simpsons Infinitely Secret
Crossover Crisis, a crossover between the two), as well as a few
8. Groening has been nominated for 25 Emmy awards. How many Emmy awards
has he won for The Simpsons?
9. Groening received the 2002 National Cartoonist Society Reuben Award.
10. Who did Groening marry in 1986?
- Deborah Caplan
- Debbie Mansfield
- Georgia Peach