January 8, 1935, Tupelo, Mississippi
August 16, 1977 (age 42), Memphis, Tennessee
Aaron Presley was an American singer, musician and actor. A cultural
icon, he is commonly referred to by his first name, and as the "The
King of Rock 'n' Roll" or "The King".
What do you know about Elvis Presley? Shake, rattle, and roll this
"Check Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
1. Presley was born in a two-room shotgun house, built by his father,
in East Tupelo. He was an identical twin, his brother was stillborn and
given the name Jesse Garon.
2. When did the family move to Memphis, Tennessee?
- February 1947
- September 1948
- February 1949
3. What was his first Sun Studio record?
- My Happiness
- I Love You Because
- When It Rains It Really Pours
4. Sun had received some 6,000 advanced orders for "That's All
Right"/"Blue Moon of Kentucky,". When was the song
- July 19, 1953
- July 19, 1954
- July 19, 1955
5. On August 15, 1955, Presley signed a manager, signing him to a one
year contract, plus renewals. Who became his manager?
- "Colonel" Tom Parker
- "Colonel" Harlan Sanders
- "Colonel" Abe Lyons
6. How many #1 Pop hits did Elvis have in 1956?
7. On March 24, 1958, he was inducted as US Army private #53310761
and completed basic training at Fort Hood, Texas on September 17, 1958,
before being posted to Friedberg, Germany with the 3rd Armored Division,
where his service took place from October 1, 1958 until March 2, 1960.
On January 20, 1960, what rank was he promoted to?
- Specialist 4
8. Shortly before Christmas 1966, Elvis proposed to Priscilla. They
married on May 1, 1967. Where were they married?
- Aladdin Hotel in Las Vegas
- Chapel of the Bells in Las Vegas
- Wynn's Hotel in Searchlight, Nevada
9. In 1994, the autopsy into Presley's death was re-opened. Coroner
Dr. Joseph Davis declared: "There is nothing in any of the data
that supports a death from drugs [i.e. drug overdose]. In fact,
everything points to a sudden, violent heart attack."
10. Presley is buried, with his mother, Graceland Mansion Estates,
Memphis, Tennessee. Where were they originally buried?
- Forest Hill Cemetery, Memphis, Tennessee
- Maplewood Cemetery, Ripley, Tennessee
- Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia