Choose an answer from the three choices or true / false offered after
each question and then "Check Your Answers" at the end
of the quiz.
George Montgomery was an
American painter, sculptor, furniture craftsman, and stuntman who
is best known as an actor in western style film and television.
1) Born George Montgomery Letz to Ukrainian
immigrant parents in Brady, Montana, the youngest of fifteen children.
What was his birthday?
- August 29, 1914
- August 29, 1916
- August 29, 1918
2) Letz studied at the University of Montana
but because he was more interested in a career in film, he left
after a year to go to Hollywood. At Republic Pictures, his cowboy
skills got him stunt work and a small acting part at the age of 18
in a 1935 film.
What was the 1935 film?
- The High Valley
- The Road to Eldorado
- The Singing Vagabond
3) In 1938, George has an uncredited role as a
Cowhand at Dance (uncredited) in the Western, Springtime in the Rockies.
Who was the lead actor?
- Rex Allen
- Gene Autry
- Roy Rogers
4) In 1938, George had his first credit role.
- Outlaws of Sonora
- The Lone Ranger
- The Old Barn Dance
5) As a boy, George Montgomery had developed
excellent craftsmanship with wood and as an adult pastime he began
building furniture, first for himself and then for a few friends.
His skill was such that his hobby became a full-fledged
cabinet-making business, employing as many as twenty craftsmen.
6) He remained with Republic Pictures until 1940
when he signed with another studio , which billed him as George
Who was the studio?
- 20th Century Fox
- Warner Bros.
7) On October 10, 1941, the Western The
Riders of the Purple Sage was released?
- Zane Grey
- Jim Lassiter
- Adam Dyer
8) On December 5, 1943, who did George marry?
- Carole Landis
- Ann Lindberg
- Dinah Shore
9) What is the Western television series starring George
Montgomery and John Smith that aired on NBC from October 11, 1958
until April 4, 1959?
- Cimarron City
- Virginia City
10) Cremated, his ashes were divided and buried: Forest Lawn
Cemetery (Cathedral City), Palm Springs, California.
Where is the other location?
- Los Angeles National Cemetery, Los Angeles, California
- Hillside Memorial Park Cemetery, Culver City, California
- Highland Cemetery, Great Falls, Montana