Born: July 21, 1895, Vevay, Indiana
Died: March 23, 1973, (age 77), Woodland Hills, California
Maynard (Kenneth Olin Maynard) was an American motion picture
stuntman and actor.
What do you know about Ken Maynard. Enjoy this quick quiz.
1. In 1934, Mascot Pictures films “In Old Santa Fe” and “Mystery
Mountain,” a twelve chapter serial. The films may be for the actor
introduced in these movies. Who is the Western star?
- John Wayne
- Slim Pickens
- Gene Autry
2. Ken rode a white stallion. What was the horse’s name?
3. Ken entered films in 1923, appearing in several cheapies before
being cast as in the Marion Davies historical epic “Janice Meredith”
in 1924. Who was Ken’s character?
- Paul Revere
- Jesse James
- Billy the Kid
4. In 1933 he raced a follow cowboy star in the National Air Race. He
flew his J6-7 Stearman biplane. The other cowboy crashed the plane he
was flying. Who was the cowboy star?
- Hoot Gibson
- Tex Ritter
- Tom Mix
5. Playing Ken Maynard in his movies, what was his last film?
- Harmony Trail
- Westward Bound
- Death Valley Rangers
6. US marshals Ken, Hoot and Bob stop a gang dressed as Indians from
robbing the stage. After getting repairs at the relay station, but
before they get to town, another trap is set, but they get away. In
town, they search the stage and find nothing. But hidden in the axle
grease can are diamonds. Polini wants them cut into smaller diamonds so
that he can easily dispose of them. What is the movie?
- Arizona Whirlwind
- Flaming Lead
- Mystery Mountain
7. In what circus was Ken Maynard a featured performer and spotted by
movie talent scouts?
- Barnum Bailey Circus
- Ringling Brothers Circus
- Cole Brothers Circus
8. Maynard's saddle, used in his films from about 1935-on sold for
$23,000 at the High Noon auction in Mesa, AZ in January, 2003.
9. In 1973, Ken Maynard died from complications of what health issue?
- Drug Addiction
10. Where is Ken Maynard buried?
- Forest Lawn Cypress Cemetery, Cypress, California
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery, Glendale, California
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Hollywood Hills) Cemetery, Los Angeles,