Born: September 14, 1914, Chicago, Illinois
Died: December 28, 1999 (age 85), West Hills, California
Moore (Jack Carlton Moore) was an actor best known for playing the
fictional western character The Lone Ranger.
What do you know about Clayton Moore - The Lone Ranger? Try this
1. What was the 1937 film where he played a cowboy in an uncredited
- Forlorn River
- Bend in the River
- The River Down Home
2. What was the movie serial that Clayton was the star that lead to
his becoming the Lone Ranger?
- Ghost of Zorro
- Adventures of Frank and Jesse James
- Marshal of Amarillo
3. Moore then faced the challenge of training his voice to sound like
the radio version of The Lone Ranger, which had then been on the air
since 1933, and succeeded in lowering his already distinctive baritone
4. Who became his co-star in TVís, The Lone Ranger?
- Mickey Simpson
- Harry Harvey
- Jay Silverheels
5. The Lone Ranger soon became the highest-rated program to that
point on the fledgling ABC network and its first true "hit",
earning an Emmy nomination in 1950.
6. Moore left the Lone Ranger series over a pay dispute. He wanted
more money. Who replaced Moore in the role?
- John Hart
- William Boyd
- Kevin Manrider
7. The public demanded the return of Moore in the role. He was
rehired at the same salary as before?
8. In 1979, the owner of the Ranger character obtained a court order
prohibiting Moore from making future appearances as The Lone Ranger. Who
owned the character?
- Jack Wrather
- Jack Warner
- Jack Owens
9. 1990 What year was he inducted into the Western Performers Hall of
Fame at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma
10. Where is Clayton Moore buried?
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Glendale, California
- Palm Downtown Mortuary & Cemetery, Las Vegas, Nevada
- San Fernando Mission Cemetery, Mission Hills, California