Born: May 20, 1934, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Died: November 17, 2007 (73), Paoli, Pennsylvania
Lit, born "Hyman Aaron Lit", was a Philadelphia-area DJ
from the 1950s until 2005.
What do you know about Hy Lit? Try this Rock & Roll Heaven Quick
1. In his 50 year career, Hy Lit broadcasted from WIBG-AM, WDAS-AM/FM,
WKBS-TV, WIFI, WSNI/WPGR, KPOL, WKXW, among many others. His last
station was WOGL, where he broadcasted from 1989 until his resignation
late in 2005.
2. Hy dominated AM radio from the late 50's through the 60's as one
of WIBG's "Good Guys," as his "Hall of Fame" show
drew an unheard of market share before or since. What was the market
- 33 market share
- 55 market share
- 71 market share
3. Around 1978, Hy Lit moved to California after a brief but
successful stint with a organization before once more returning to the
Philadelphia area. What was the organization?
- LA Dodgers
- Harlem Globetrotters
4. In 1977, when WIBG went off the air forever, he was the last DJ on
5. In 1989, Hy moved to a new station, in 1989, hosting the
highly-rated "Top 20 Countdown" on Saturday and Sunday
afternoons in addition to his weekday afternoon shift. What was the
6. What year did his wife Maggie (Russo) die?
7. Who was "Hyski O'Rooney McVoutie O'Zoot"?
- Orson Welles
- Hy Lit
- Jerry Blavat
8. Hy Lit, station WOGL, and CBS Broadcasting settled the three-year
health and age-discrimination lawsuit, under the condition that Hy Lit
retired from the station. Hy did his last “Hy Lit Hall of Fame
Show" radio show. What was the date?
- December 11, 2005
- January 11, 2006
- February 6, 2004
9. He died at 12:30 pm at Paoli Memorial Hospital> What was t he
cause of death:
- Kidney failure
- Heart failure
- Lung cancere
10. Where is Hy Lit buried?
- Norris City Cemetery, Norristown, Pennsylvania
- Calvary Cemetery, West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
- West Laurel Hill Cemetery, Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania