Lacy Ice Cream Cookie Cups
18 cookie cups
Prep Time: 1 hr
Baking Time: 11 min
- 1/2 - cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 - cup Butter
- 1 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 - package (2 1/2-ounce) package (1/2
cup) slivered almonds, finely chopped
- Your favorite flavor sorbet, sherbet or
Preheat oven to 300�F. and grease cookie
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat corn syrup
over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add butter.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to
5 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour,
brown sugar and almonds.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough, 4 inches
apart, onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until
cookies bubble and are golden brown.
- Let cool 1 minute on cookie sheets.
- Working quickly, remove with a spatula
and shape cookies over inverted small custard cups to form cookie
- Cool completely and remove from
- Just before serving, fill each cookie
cup with sorbet, sherbet or ice cream.
Alan�s Kitchen Tip:
- If you want to eliminate last minute preparation, cookie cups can be
filled with sorbet up to 4 hours ahead. Place on large tray, cover each
gently with plastic food wrap and freeze until serving time.
Make desired number of cookie cups. With remaining dough, bake as
directed above except shape into cones or leave flat. Serve as cookies.
Page 1 of 1