Grilled Bratwurst with Saucy Mesquite Peppers and Onions
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 - packages (20-ounces each)
bratwurst sausage (10 links)
- 2 - Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 - cups sliced onions (about 2
extra large onions)
- 4 - cups thin green bell pepper
strips (about 2 large bell peppers)
- 1 - bottle (14.6-ounces) Mesquite
- 1-1/2 - cups (12-ounces) beer or
- 10 - hoagie rolls
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill sausages over medium-high heat
10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and cover to keep
- Heat oil in large skillet over
- Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper; cook and stir 10
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add Grilling Sauce and beer or cider
to onion and peppers; stir well.
- Add sausage to skillet; toss with
onions and peppers.
- Simmer 3 minutes and serve on hoagie
Alan�s Kitchen Tips:
Place saucy onion-pepper mixture in disposable heavy duty 13x9-inch
foil pan. Cover and refrigerate.
- To reheat, remove cover and place foil
pan directly on grill, stirring occasionally. Grill sausages, then add
Page 1 of 1