Almond Joy Cake
1 9x13-inch cake
Prep Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 45 min.
Chilling Time: 3 hrs.
- 1 - butter chocolate (2 layer) cake mix
- 1 - cup milk
- 1 - cup sugar
- 24 - marshmallows
- 1 - package (14-ounces) shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 - cups sugar
- 1 - cup evaporated milk
- 1 - stick butter
- 2 - cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- whole almonds lightly toasted or
- Bake the cake using the package
directions for a 9x13-inch cake pan.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk and 1-cup
sugar to a boil. Boil for 1 minutes and reduce the heat.
- Stir in the marshmallows and cook until
blended, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the coconut and pour mixture
over the hot cake.
- In a saucepan, add 1-1/2 cups sugar,
evaporate milk and butter to a boil. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix
well. Cook until blended, stirring frequently.
- Fold in the almonds.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over warm
cake. Let stand until set and cut into squares. (You can
refrigerate for several hours before cutting.)
Page 1 of 1