Green Beans with Pimientos
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 - pounds green beans (trimmed)
- 3 - bacon slices
- 1 - large onion (chopped)
- 3 - garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 jar (2-ounces) diced pimientos
- 1/4 - cup red wine vinegar
- 1 - teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 - teaspoon cumin seeds
- You want to cook the green beans in boiling
water to cover for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain and plunge beans into ice
water to stop cooking. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, you want to cook
bacon. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper
towels. (Reserve 2-Tablespoons bacon dripping in
skillet.) Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Over medium-heat, saut� onion and
garlic in hot bacon drippings until tender.
- Stir in pimientos, vinegar, sugar,
salt, pepper, and cumin seeds.
- Stir in beans. You want to
cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with bacon and serve.
Page 1 of 1