Cowboy Spicy Hot Beans
Prep Time: Overnight
Cooking Time: 2-1/2 hours
- 1 - pound dried pinto beans
- 6 - cups water
- 1 - pound bacon, pieces cut in half
- 1 - pound smoked link beef sausage
- 2 - medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 - cup chopped green pepper
- 4 - cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 - cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 - Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 - Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 - Tablespoon pepper
- 1 - Tablespoon celery seeds
- 2-3 - teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - bay leaf
- 1 - can (16-ounces) diced tomatoes,
- Sort and wash beans. Cover with water
and soak overnight. Drain.
- Add 6 cups water. Combine bacon,
sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until bacon is
done and vegetables are tender.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, sugar, cumin,
pepper, celery seeds, hot pepper sauce, salt, and bay leaf. You want
to bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 2
hours, or until beans are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and cook 30 minutes longer.
Remove bay leaf before serving.
Page 1 of 1