Bradshaw Mountain Garlic Mashed Potatoes
6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 30 min
Coking Time: 25 min
Baking Time: 30 min + 15 min
- 20 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 package (3-ounce)
cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 to 3 Tablespoon milk
- 1 can (4-ounce)
diced green chiles, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mild red chile
- Place unpeeled garlic into a small pan with
- Cover and simmer until garlic is tender
when pierced, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Drain, and if desired, save broth for other
- Drop garlic into a sieve placed over a
bowl. Mash with a pestle or wooden spoon 2 tablespoons puree.
- Cut potatoes into quarters. In a medium
size pan, cook potatoes, covered, in 1 inch water until tender,
20 to 25 minutes. Drain.
- Using an electric mixer, beat hot potatoes
until well mashed.
- Beat in the cheese. Add garlic puree
and sour cream. Beat until fluffy and smooth.
- For more moist potatoes, beat in milk as
desired. Stir in green chiles and salt.
- Butter a shallow 2 quart casserole
- Spoon potatoes into buttered dish.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with ground
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes, uncover and bake
10 to 15 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Page 1 of 1