Arroz Con Pollo
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 50 min.
- 1/2 - cup olive oil
- 1 - large onion (chopped)
- 1 - clove garlic (minced)
- 1 - frying chicken (cut into serving
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 - cup chopped pimentos
- 1/8 - teaspoon powdered saffron, or
whole saffron soaked in 1/8 - cup water
- 1/8 - teaspoon oregano
- 1 - teaspoon pepper
- 3 - cups chicken broth
- 1 - cup uncooked rice
- In a heavy skillet, sauté the onion
and garlic in the oil.
- Salt the chicken pieces, add them to
the skillet, and brown well on all sides.
- Put in the tomato sauce, pimentos,
saffron, oregano, pepper, and broth.
- Cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Put in the rice, stir but do not
disturb chicken, cover again, and cook for 30 minutes longer
or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the chicken is
Page 1 of 1