London Broil Sandwiches with Yogurt-Cucumber Sauce
Prep Time: 15 min
Chilling Time: 8 hrs
Grilling Time: 14 min
Standing Time: 5 min
- 1 1/2 - pounds London Broil (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 2 - garlic cloves, (minced)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 - Tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 - Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 - container (8-ounces) plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 - large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 - Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 - teaspoon dried dill weed
- 6 - pita rounds
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 - large tomato, diced
- Garnishes: fresh dill, lemon wedges, cucumber slices
- Places beef between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap. Using a
meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten to 1/2-inch thickness
- In a shallow dish or large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, combine
garlic, 1/3-cup fresh lemon juice, Greek seasoning, and olive oil.
- Cover or seal, and chill 8-hours.
- Remove beef from marinade, and discard marinade.
- In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, cucumber, 1-Tablespoon
fresh lemon juice, and dried dillweed. Set aside.
- Grill beef, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (250°F.
to 400° F.) for 7 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices.
- Place beef evenly down center of warm pita rounds.
- Top with yogurt mixture, lettuce, and tomato, and roll up.
- Garnish, if desired, and serve.
Page 1 of 1