Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Broiling Time: 1 min
1) You want to snap off tough
ends of asparagus. Cook in boiling water to cover for
3 minutes or until crisp tender.
2) Drain and plunge into
ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and
3) In a small bowl, you want to
stir together the butter (or margarine) and garlic.
4) Evenly spread butter mixture
bottom halves of bread.
5) Evenly spread mayonnaise
over the top halves of the bread.
6) Evenly layer bottom halves
with ham slices, asparagus, and cheese.
7) Place on baking sheet and
broil 2-inches from heat 1-minute or just until cheese
8) Evenly top with lettuce,
tomato, and top half of bread.