4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 30 min
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 quart oysters, shucked
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pinch of mace
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 350° F. and butter 2-quart baking
- In a medium bowl, stir 3-Tablespoons butter into
the bread crumbs.
- In a colander, drain the oysters, reserving the
juice for some other use.
- In a food processor or with a rolling pin, grind
- Place 1/3 of the oysters in the baking dish and
sprinkle 1/2 the crackers crumbs on the top.
- Repeat a layer of oysters and one of
cracker-crumbs and then top with the remaining oysters.
- In a bowl, mix 3-Tablespoons butter, egg, milk,
mace, salt, and pepper. Pour over the dish.
- Top with the remaining bread crumbs and bake for
- Serve immediately.
Page 1 of 1