Slow Cookers Cajun Jambalaya
Make something different tonight in your slow
cooker. Try this spicy New Orleans favorite of rice cooked with sausage,
chicken and shrimp.
Makes 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH
- 1 pound lean turkey sausage, cut into 1-inch
- 2 bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 package Slow Cookers Savory Pot
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Red Pepper
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups instant rice
- Place sausage, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes and
celery in slow cooker. Top with chicken.
- Mix Seasoning, water and red pepper until
blended. Pour over chicken. Cover.
- Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH.
- Add shrimp and rice; stir gently to blend.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes longer on HIGH or
until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender.
IMPORTANT: For best
results, do not remove cover during cooking.
Page 1 of 1