Bread Pudding with Blueberry-Lemon Sauce
Prep Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 - cups sugar
- 4 - large eggs
- 2 - cups whipping cream
- 2 - cups milk
- 1 - Tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf (16-ounce) stale French bred
(cut into 2-inch cubes)
- 1 - cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Blueberry-Lemon Sauce (recipe below)
- Whipped cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease
9x13-inch baking pan.
- In a electric mix at medium speed,
beat sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- Add whipping cream, milk, lemon rind,
nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
- Fold in bread cubes and blueberries.
- Pour into pan and let stand 10
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool
in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve with Blueberry-Lemon sauce and
whipped cream (if wanted).
Makes 1-1/2 cups
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 7 min.
- 1 - teaspoon lemon rind (grated)
- 1/3 - cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 - Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 - ups fresh or frozen blueberries.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, Bring
grated lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch to a boil.
You want to stir constantly.
- Reduce heat and add blueberries and
simmer (keep stirring) for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
Page 1 of 1