Quick & Easy Oatmeal Cake
12 to 15 servings
Prep Time 30 min.
Standing Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 30 min.
Broiling Time: 3 min.
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 - cup uncooked regular or
- 1/2 - cup butter or margarine
- 1 - cup sugar
- 2-1/2 - cups brown sugar (firmly
packed & divided)
- 1 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 - teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 - large eggs
- 1-1/2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups pecans (shopped)
- 1/2 - cup butter or margarine (melted)
- 1/3 - cup milk
Preheat oven to 350� F. Lightly
grease 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, stir together 1-1/2 cup
boiling water and oats. You want to let it stand for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl at medium speed with
an electric mixer, beat 1/2-cup butter (or margarine), 1-cup sugar,
and a 1-cup brown sugar until creamy.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg, vanilla
extract, and eggs, beating well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt
just until moisten. Beat in oatmeal.
- Pour into pan. Bake for 30
minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center come out clean.
- Combine remaining 1-1/2 cups brown
sugar, coconut, pecan, 1/2-cup butter (or margarine), and milk.
- Spread over warm cake. Broil
8-inches from heat 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.