Quick & Easy Carrot-Raising Cake
12 to 15 servings
Prep Time; 15 min.
Baking Time 30 min.
- 1-1/2 - cups light brown sugar (firmly
- 1/2 - cup butter or margarine
2 - large eggs
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - cup raisins (chopped)
- 1-1/2 - cups carrot (finely grated)
- 1/2 - cup pecans or walnuts (firmly
Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease
- With a electric mixer at medium speed,
beat brown sugar and butter until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt
just until moistened. Stir in raisins and carrot.
- Spread mixture in baking pan and sprinkle
with pecans or walnuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden
pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and cut into