Biscuits and Peppered Sausage Gravy
Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
can (10.2 oz) home-style refrigerated
buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits)
pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
(from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- Bake biscuits as directed on can.
- In a 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over
medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until
thoroughly cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium
- With wire whisk, stir in flour, garlic powder
- Gradually stir in broth and half-and-half.
- Cook until mixture thickens, stirring
constantly. Stir in cooked sausage.
- Split warm biscuits and place on serving
- Serve sausage mixture over warm split
Page 1 of 1