Homemade Butter Rolls
Prep Time: 20 min.
Chilling Time: 8 hrs.
Rising Time: 2 hrs.
Baking Time: 10 min./batch
- 2 - envelopes (1/4-ounce) active dry
- 1 - cup sugar (divided)
- 2 - cups warm water (100� F. to 110�
- 1 - cup butter or margarine (melted)
- 6 - large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1-1/2 - teaspoons salt
- 8-1/2 to 9-1/2 - cups all-purpose
- In a 4-cup glass measuring cup, stir together
yeast, 2-Talbespoon sugar, and 2 cups warm water. Let mixture
stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, you want to stir
together yeast mixture, remaining sugar, and butter.
- Stir in eggs and salt.
- Gradually stir in enough flour to make
a soft dough. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Divide dough into 4 equal
portions. Turn each portion out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll into a 12-inch circle.
- Cut each circle into 12wedges.
- Roll up each wedge, starting at the
- Place on a greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place
(around 85� F - free from drafts) 2 hours or until double in size.
Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes
or until golden.