Southwest Beef Stew
Makes 4 servings
Time: 10 minutes
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound boneless
beef top sirloin steak, approximately 3/4-inch
1 can ready-to-serve beef broth
3/4 cup Picante sauce
zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, sliced crosswise into
1 large red
bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1-1/2 teaspoon ground
cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
Sour cream (garnish)
Fresh cilantro, chopped (garnish)
Trim fat from steak; cut into 1-inch cubes.
In Dutch oven over medium-high heat,
add oil and heat until hot.
Add beef (1/2 at a time) and cook until
outside surface is no longer pink, for about 2 minutes.
Remove from pan; season with salt; set aside.
4) In same pan, you want to mix in the broth, Picane sauce,
zucchini, bell pepper and cumin.
5) Bring ingredients to a boil; reduce
heat to medium-low.
6) Simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are
7) Add cornstarch mixture to stew; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes
or until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
8) Return beef to pan and heat
9) Serve with sour cream and cilantro.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
Heat (on stove or in microwave) and pour into a thermos.
When you get to the picnic or tailgate site, just pour and enjoy.