Schooner Sparerib Stew
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 50 min.
- 3 - yams or sweet potatoes, peeled
- 4 - Tablespoon salt pork, diced
- 1 - pound country spareribs, cut into chunks
- 2 - onions (diced)
- 1 - green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 - Tablespoon flour
- 1 - can whole kernel corn
- 1 - cup fresh tomatoes (chopped)
- In a medium saucepan, add the yams or sweet
potatoes with water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer
until fork tender.
- Remove from saucepan and drain. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, sauté salt pork until crisp,
remove and put aside.
- Keep about 2 tablespoons of salt pork drippings
in frying pan. Add the spareribs and brown.
- Add the onions and bell peppers to the
- When they are brown, now add the flour, tomatoes,
and the corn.
- Cook 50 minutes or until meat is done.
Page 1 of 1