White Bean and Spinach Soup
Makes about 8 to 10 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Soaking Time: 12 to 18 hrs.
Time: 45 min.
- 1 jar
White Bean & Spinach Soup Mix
- Cold water
- 1 cup hot
- 7 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup crumbled
- 1 package (8-oz) fresh baby leaf
stemmed and thinly sliced
salt and white
1) Remove walnuts, mushrooms and pasta from jar, setting aside in
separate bowls. Cover bowls with plastic wrap. Set aside.
2) You want to place dried beans in an 8-quart saucepan. Cover
dried beans with cold water and soak 12 to 18 hours in a cool
place. Drain. Return beans to saucepan.
3) Pour 1 cup hot water over mushrooms and let mushrooms steep in
water for about 30 minutes. Remove mushrooms from soaking water
being careful not to disturb the sediment in the bottom of the
cup. Rinse mushrooms under cold running water. Drain.
4) Add mushrooms, vegetable stock, 4 cups water and bouquet garni
to beans in saucepot.
5) Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until beans
are tender about 1-1/2 hours.
6) Add pasta, Gorgonzola cheese, spinach, and salt and pepper, to
7) Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes, stirring
occasionally. Remove bouquet garni. Serve warm.