Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 40 min.
- 1 Tablespoon cooking
- 2 pounds boneless,
skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat
- 1 medium
- 15 ounces stewed
- 2 cups fat-free
- 1 pound frozen mix
Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground
- 2 Tablespoons
all-purpose flour (optional)
1) In a soup pot, heat oil. Add chicken and
2) Fry over medium-hot heat until brown.
3) Add onions and cook until clear.
4) Add tomatoes, chicken broth, and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil.
5) Reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
6) Add mixed vegetable, cover and cook until
tender. Add water if it gets too thick.
7) Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove bay leaf.
8) If a thicker gumbo is desired, mix flour in
1/2-cup water. Stir into gumbo and bring o a boil, stirring