La Paz Cream of Artichoke Soup
- 1- 1/2 - Tablespoon butter
- 1 - Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 - teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 - cups water
- 4 - cooked artichoke hearts [mashed]
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 - egg yolk [beaten]
- 3 - Tablespoon dry white wine
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, stir in
the flour, salt and pepper.
- Gradually add the water, stirring, and then the
artichokes. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix together the creams, egg yolk, and wine, and
slowly add to the soup, stirring constantly.
- Bring to just under boiling and serve.
Page 1 of 1