Antelope Hills Peanut Soup
- 1 - medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 - cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 - sprig parsley, finely chopped
- 1 - bay leaf
- 1 - cup cold water
- 1 - cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 - cups milk or light cream
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon pepper
- 1 - Tablespoon butter
- 1 - Tablespoon flour
- Put onion, celery, parsley, bay leaf, and water
into a saucepan, and simmer gently for 5 minutes or until vegetables are
- Add the peanut butter, 1 – cup of milk, and the
salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer 15 minutes longer,
- In a separate pan, melt the butter.
- Stir in the flour and the remaining 1/2 - cup of
milk. Add this thickener to the soup, stir, and serve.
Page 1 of 1