Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 - cups water
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 - cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 - cup sugar
- 1-1/2 - Tablespoon butter and 1-1/2
Tablespoon flour (cooked to form a roux)
- 2 - egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 - Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 - Tablespoons butter
- In a saucepan, add water and salt and add
peas. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender. Drain. (Save the water.)
- In a food processor, puree with a bit of
the water. Return to saucepan.
- Add the remaining water, sugar, and roux.
- Stir constantly over heat until the
- Add 1/4 cup of soup to beaten yolks,
stirring constantly, and then stir the yolks into the soup.
- Top with the parsley and the butter.
Member: America's Home Cooking Network