Dog, Mac & Cheese Soup
Makes 6 (1-cup)
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 8 min.
- 4 - ounces ( 1-1/2 cups) uncooked dried
small macaroni shells
- 2 - Tablespoons butter
- 2 - Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 - teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 - can (14-ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 - cups Fat Free Half & Half
- 1/2 - pound slice (1 inch thick) Deli
American Cheese, cubed 1-inch
- 1 - cup chopped or sliced hot dogs
- Salt and pepper, if desired
Cook pasta according to package
directions. Set aside.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, you want to melt
butter until sizzling and stir in flour and mustard.
- Add broth and half & half. Cook over
medium-high heat, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes or until
mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese
- Next, stir in macaroni and ham.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated
through. Salt and pepper to taste.