Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Makes 5 (1 1/4-cup) servings
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 21 min.
- 1/4 - cup butter
- 1 - small (1/4 cup) onion, chopped
- 1 - clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 - teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 - can (14.5-ounce) chicken broth
- 1/2 - cup water
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon pepper
- 1 - can (15-ounce) 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 - can (12-ounce) evaporated milk
- 1/8 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a 3-quart saucepan, you want to melt
butter until sizzling.
- Add onion, garlic and sugar
- Cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes
or until onion is softened.
- Add broth, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 15
minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pumpkin, evaporated milk and
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and transfer
mixture to food processor bowl fitted with metal blade or 5-cup blender
container (in batches, if necessary).
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan and serve warm.