Tuscan Pasta and Chickpea Soup
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 - Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 - teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet
Collection® Marjoram Leaves
- 1/2 - teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet
Collection® Rosemary, Crushed
- 1 - clove garlic, minced
- 2 - cans (16 ounces each) chickpeas (garbanzo
beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 - cans (14 1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 - can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes,
- 1 - cup water
- 1 - cup ditalini pasta
- 1 - package (6 ounces) baby spinach or
6 cups sliced spinach leaves
- Herb-Infused Olive Oil (recipe below)
- Heat olive oil with marjoram, rosemary and
garlic in large saucepot on medium-low heat until fragrant. (Do not allow
garlic to brown.)
- Stir in chickpeas, broth, tomatoes and water.
- Bring to
boil on high heat.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes, stirring
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted
water as directed on package.
- Drain well and rinse under cold water.
- Spoon 1/2 of the chickpea mixture into
blender container; cover.
- With center part of cover removed to let steam
escape, blend until smooth.
- Return puree to saucepot. Stir pasta and spinach
- Cook on medium heat until spinach is
wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls.
- Drizzle with
Herb-Infused Olive Oil just before serving.
Herb-Infused Olive Oil
Makes about 5 teaspoons
- 2 - Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 - teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection®
- 1 - teaspoon Marjoram Leaves
- pinch McCormick® Gourmet Collection®
Ground Red Pepper
- Heat olive oil, Basil Marjoram Leaves and
Ground Red Pepper in small saucepan on low heat 5 minutes.
- Strain through
small sieve into small bowl.
Heat (on stove or in microwave) and pour into a thermos.
When you get to the picnic or tailgate site, just pour and enjoy.