San Francisco French Onion Soup
Makes 4 servings.
- Tablespoons butter
- tablespoon olive oil
- large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- teaspoon salt
- cups hot chicken broth
- cups dry white wine
- slices toasted sourdough French bread
- tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In heavy skillet,
saute the onions in
butter and oil until translucent.
salt, broth, and wine.
over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Ladle into four ovenproof bowls.
- Top each bowl with a slice of toast, and then sprinkle soup
with a tablespoon of grated cheese.
- Place under the broiler for 5 to 10 minutes
or until cheese melts and bubbles.
Heat (on stove or in microwave) and pour into a thermos.
When you get to the picnic or tailgate site, just pour and enjoy.