Makes 6 servings.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: HIGH 3-1/2 – 5 hours
8 - ounces mushrooms, sliced
2 - teaspoons olive oil
1 - can (28-ounces) plum tomatoes, cut up
1 - can (6-ounces) low-sodium tomato paste
1/2 - teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 - teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 - cup white wine
1 - package (20 ounces) package of cheese-stuffed pasta shells
- In a skillet, sauté the mushrooms in the oil
for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer them to the 3 to 4-1/2 quart slow
- To the slow cooker, add the tomatoes, tomato
paste, oregano, garlic and wine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-1/2 to 5 hours.
- Add the shells to the sauce, making certain to
cover them with sauce.
- Cover and cook for about 1 hour or until the
shells are thoroughly hot.