and Wild Rice Stuffing
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: LOW 4 – 4-1/2 hours and HIGH 3 hours
8 - cups cubed sourdough bread
3-3/4 - cups chicken broth
1/2 - cup uncooked wild rice
1/3 - cup dried porcini mushroom pieces
3 - medium celery stalks, chopped
1 - medium onion, chopped
1/4 - cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 - cup butter or margarine, melted
1 - teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 - teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 - teaspoon ground sage
1/2 - teaspoon salt
1/4 - teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Spread bread cubes in single layer in
large roasting pan or baking pan.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly
toasted; set aside.
- In 4- or 5-quart slow cooker, add 3
cups broth, the wild rice and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3
- Add celery, onion, parsley, butter or
margarine, basil, thyme, sage, salt and pepper to wild rice
- Add bread cubes.
- Pour 3/4 cup broth over bread mixture;
- Cover and cook on LOW heat
setting 4 hours to 4 hours 30 minutes.