Black Bean Stuffed
Makes 6 servings
Time: 20 minutes
LOW 6 – 8 hours or HIGH 3 – 4 hours
- medium onion, finely chopped
teaspoon cayenne pepper
teaspoon dried oregano
teaspoon ground cumin
teaspoon chili powder
- cans (15 ounces)
black beans, rinsed and drained
green bell peppers, seeded and cored
reduced-fat Jack cheese, grated
free sour cream
- In a medium skillet, sauté the onion until golden. Season with the
cayenne pepper, oregano, cumin and chili powder.
- In a medium-mixing
bowl, mash half of the black beans with sautéed
onion mixture. Mix in the remaining beans.
- Place the bell peppers in the slow
cooker, and spoon the black bean
mixture into the bell peppers.
- Spread cheese over the stuffed bell
- Pour the salsa over the cheese.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on
HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
Serve each pepper with a dollop of sour cream.