Lemon-Dill Parsnips and
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Cooking Time: LOW 3 to 4 hours or HIGH 1 to 3 hours
2 - cups chicken broth
4 - Tablespoons dried dill weed
1/4 - cup scallions, chopped
1 - teaspoon garlic, minced
4 - Tablespoons lemon juice
3 - parsnips, peeled and slices into 1/2-inch sticks
4 - turnips, peeled and slices into 1/2-inch sticks
4 - Tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 - cup water
- Into slow cooker, pour chicken broth.
- Add the dill weed, scallions, garlic, and lemon
- Now, add the parsnips and turnips.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours
or on HIGH for 1 to 3 hours.
- Near the end of cooking time, in a mixing bowl,
dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Stir into slow cooker.
- Set on HIGH and cook for 15 minutes or
until stock thickens.