Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: LOW 5 � 6 hours and HIGH 2 � 3 hours
3 - pounds
chicken wings (16 wings)
- onion, chopped
- cup soy sauce
- cup brown sugar
teaspoon ground ginger
cloves garlic, minced
cup dry cooking sherry
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Cut off
and discard wing tips. Cut each wing at the joint to make two
- Place the wing parts on a broiler
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for
20 minutes, 10 minutes on each side or until chicken is brown.
- Transfer the chicken to the 3 to 4-1/2
quart slow cooker.
- Mix the onion, soy sauce, brown sugar,
ginger, garlic, and cooking sherry in a bowl.
- Pour over the chicken wings.
- Cover cook on LOW for 5 to 6
hours or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir chicken wings once to make sure
wings are evenly coated with sauce.