Italian Chicken with Vegetables
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings
Our Slow Cookers Italian Herb Chicken
Seasoning brings mild Mediterranean flavors to this classic dish.
Serve over pasta for a hearty family meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH
- 3 - pounds chicken parts, skin removed
1 - package (8 ounces) mushrooms, sliced
1 - package McCormick® Slow Cookers Italian Herb Chicken Seasoning
1 - can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1/2 - cup dry white wine or water
4 - cups sliced zucchini and/or yellow squash (cut about 1/2-inch thick)
- Place chicken and mushrooms in slow cooker.
- Mix Seasoning, tomato sauce and
wine until blended. Pour over chicken and mushrooms. Cover.
- Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on
- Stir in zucchini during last 30 minutes of cooking.
chicken and vegetables to serving platter.
- Stir sauce before serving.
Spoon over chicken and vegetables.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta, if
IMPORTANT: For best results, do not
remove cover during cooking.
Alan's Kitchen Tip: Use a paper towel
to grasp the chicken skin for easier removal.